So, I had Lasik Surgery 5 days ago! It is miraculous that I can see perfectly now, after not being able to be without my contacts for the last 18 years! I am truly amazed. It worked, although I have to admit, and possibly warn any of you who are interested in this awesome technology, it is quite uncomfortable throughout the day of surgery. Granted, the actual surgical time is maybe 10 minutes, from the time I stepped into the surgery room, till the time I stepped out, but it was very stressful for me the last couple of minutes! I believe I was at the end of my rope as they were finishing up, I just could not stand that I couldn't relieve the intense watering of my eyes! And after, it wasn't any better! I couldn't do a darn thing to comfort my poor watery eyes all afternoon! I really wondered why I had done such a horrific thing for a while, but by dinner time that night, I could open them and I could see!!! And by morning, I blinked and felt more wonderful than I can ever remember! I have absolutely no more irritation, just a little dry now and then, (no doubt because I spilt all the tears I had ever made on the day of surgery), but I have plenty of drops to alleviate that. I was really in disbelief as I awoke the next morning and felt so perfect, and could look out the window and see before reaching for my scratched up glasses! So, I recommend the procedure, just be aware that it is not all sugar-sweet. There is no pain, but highly intense discomfort! So, do it, you will be glad in the end.
3 comments:
I am jealous. It scares me a bit though.
did you get it done locally? How do they hold your eyes open??? It creeps me out...but I have to admit that I would love not having glasses or contacts! Lucky!
Well, they actually place a ring on your eyeball, leaving no way to close the eyelid. But that's only for the first five minutes. The last five minutes, they just use tape to keep your eyelid open. Not at all enough for me, as I tried furiously to shut them at the very end as Doc was trying to finish. But I made it! Google lasik, and you can find out much more! I went to TLC in Robins, Ia, a suburb of Cedar Rapids. They were better than any of the locals, (Quincy, Burlington) the only local ones I know of and checked into. Do it! It is worth it!
Post a Comment